Dear I say it, the year is running away from us as we ramp into both Thanksgiving (24th November) and Christmas just a mere 7 weeks away – too soon?
This month is probably one of the biggest one we have on record with visitors and events going on stateside. Dreamforce has descended upon San Francisco inviting over 100,000 people way, possibly too excited about all things cloud computing to our streets. We’ll be hanging out in the SalesHacker Lounge learning about all things B2B Sales for the next couple days (it’s free come along).
Content & Webinars – November
We are continuing our content program with another stella line up of experts and founders – Kicking of with Xero’s Global Head of Media, Pat Macfie chatting all things video, getting salesy with Toast’s SVP Emmanuelle Skala, and closing out hearing the Crimson Education story with not one but two of our awesome Kiwi Founders for November – Jamie Beaton & Sharndre Kushor.
The Kea World Class New Zealand Awards take New York by storm on November 15th for what will be a memorable black tie evening.
‘My Year With Helen’
We’re back in San Francisco November 16th for a very special event with the one and only Right Honorable Helen Clark for the San Francisco screening of ‘My Year With Helen’ complete with a personal appearance from both Helen Clark and awarding winning filmmaker Gaylene Preston where we’ll be hosting a Live Q&A. Special thanks to Air New Zealand and BNZ for making this event a possibility. It’s been sold out since a couple days after releasing tickets, but we’ll release a few more next Monday (PST).
Kiwi Landing Pad
Kiwi Landing Pad team is in San Francisco (November 20th-23rd) for another strategy session tackling our quite sizeable agenda for 2018, watch this space! Finishing with drinks on November 22nd if you are around at our coworking space Covo in SoMa.
- NZ outdoor clothing brand Icebreaker has been acquired by a US company
- Power by Proxy has been acquired by Apple
- Linewize has been acquired by Australian company Family Zone
- Icehouse: Applications are now open for the upcoming Flux Programme. The next intake will run in Auckland from February-July 2018. Startups receive up to $100k investment & intensive mentoring.
Experiment: Talent & Jobs
Our talent experiment continues, if you are looking to hire mid to senior/strategic talent or are looking for a mid-senior role in a high growth NZ company please fill out the form below (Including internationals).
- Form – Looking to hire
- Form – Looking for a role
New Zealand Tech Companies currently hiring
Finance & Operations Manager (Auckland)
Director of Engineering (Wellington)
Director of Customer Success (Melbourne) – Keep an eye on the website, it’s coming soon!
Senior Account Executive (Melbourne)
Content Marketing Manager (Auckland)
Account Executive (San Francisco)
Principal Engineer (Auckland)
Senior Front End Engineer (Auckland)
Recent newcomers to the SF/West Coast USA Kiwi community
- Jamie Beaton – Crimson Education
- Sharndre Kushor – Crimson Education
- Lucy Godwin – Xero
- Kimberly Krogstad
VISITORS here and coming November:
* If i’ve missed anyone let me know!
- John Holt – Kiwi Landing Pad
- Helen Clark – Former PM/Administrator UNDP
- Gaylene Preston – Filmmaker
- Mike Tod + team – Air New Zealand
- Cameron Priest – TradeGecko
- Jake Millar – Unfiltered
- Global Women’s Group (30) – Breakthrough Leaders cohort
- Ezel Kokcu – Passphere
- Stephen England-Hall – Tourism New Zealand
- Sharndre Kushor – Crimson Education
- Julie Fry – Economist & Author
- Claudia Batten – NZTE
- Richard Francis – Spotlight Reporting
- Labiba Rahman
- Simon Lampen – Vinsight
- Ari Sargent – Flux Federation
- Catherine Robson – Affinity Private
- Emilie Fetscher – Stratamap
- Kami HQ Exec team
- Alex Crossnan – Davanti Consulting
- Rob Carter – Davanti Consulting
- Matt Farrar – Davanti Consulting
- Adarsh Jupudi – Datacom
- Ben Calder – Wherewolf
- Sam Mickell – AUT
- Ella Monahan – AUT
- Israel Lochhead
- Tim Copeland
- Startup Catalyst Cohort
- Prashant Sharma – Streamlined Main Dynamics
- Georgia Tyndale – Blunt Umbrella
- Greg Martin – SeeEverything
- Nicole Buisson – Xero
- Aaron Ward – Ask Nicely
- Rachel Mataira – Head Delegate to the World Bank and IMF Annual Meetings (Youth UN NZ)
November Kiwi Landing Pad Events:
- November 15th, 12pm PST – Marketing Webinar – Navigating the Media & Video landscape with Xero’s Global Media Director – Pat Macfie
- November 16th, 6pm – My Year With Helen Screening, & Live Q&A with Helen Clark & Gaylene Preston – San Francisco
- November 21st, 1pm PST – Sales Webinar – 10 key tips for building your first sales team and making them successful with Toast’s SVP – Emmanuelle Skala.
- November 22nd, 5:30pm – Kiwi Landing Pad Pre-Thanksgiving drinks – San Francisco
- November 29th, 2pm PST – Kiwi Founder Series, with Jamie Beaton & Sharndre Kushor – Founders @ Crimson Education – Online
November Conferences & Events:
** For those wishing to attend the SaaStr Annual 2018 who have not been emailed as part of the Callaghan/NZTE Delegation please send me an email for NZ or Australia discount codes and further information.
Community/Resource things to check out:
JOIN: the Kiwi Landing Pad community here or sign up for updates!
Recap: Kiwi Founder Series – Victoria Ransom, The Wildfire Story
Recap: Marketing Webinar – How to actually get more leads with Menaka Shroff
Community Blog: Lessons from the September Sales & Marketing Jam – Highlights
Photos: Kiwi Landing Pad 6 year celebration party
Launch (Social Impact): Indigo & Iris have launched their kickstarter for stunning mascara.
ending avoidable blindness. live on kickstarter, now.
Visiting: The Kiwi Landing Pad in San Francisco
NZ Companies you should know – check them out:
- 1Centre – Reinventing, streamlining and de-stressing the Trade Credit Application Process.
- Tribe Sport App – Your Destination for Sport. Everything in one place… and actually nice to use! Check out the app: http://tribe.fyi/getapp (iOS & Android).
- ThinkLadder – Thinkladder is a collaboration between, writers, therapists and creatives. Our mission is to produce engaging content for those who want to develop their self awareness, mental health and wellbeing, and to deliver that content via social platforms, and unique online experiences.
- Code Lingo – Code Quality that Scales
- The Social Club – The Social Club is an online platform, connecting New Zealand’s largest community of social media influencers directly with brands and agencies.
- Stratamap – StrataMap is a single source of truth platform for maintaining and sharing models. Designed specifically for large enterprises, government agencies and vendors, StrataMap exists to ease the pain of change.
- Vinsight – Great web based winery software: inventory, winemaking, lab, costings, sales. Make it, trace it!
- PrenoHQ – Preno is a property management software created for hoteliers by an award winning hotelier.
- Linc Ed – LINC-ED is a unique web app for NZ schools that is designed to be simple, secure and stylish.
- Boma Marketing – Boma enables SMB’s to join the digital revolution by allowing them to easily create, distribute & optimise digital marketing campaigns across multiple channels.
To say business is never ending, and the months appear to keep getting bigger would be an understatement. New Zealand feels like it’s in a good spot with some thriving companies continuing to build, grow and scale.
We’re continuing to work towards the go live date on our new website, and relaunching our brand. In the meantime, enjoy November; See you soon, online or offline, whether you are learning, launching or landing.
Director of Community
@ Kiwi Landing Pad